[mythtv] XvMC - where'd it go?

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Tue Dec 20 02:48:27 EST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 05:52, Brian Foddy wrote:
> I still think the configure script might need a bit more work as
> I'd think more people than I will have both libs loaded and
> manually removing a package installed library isn't a very good
> permanent solution.  But a big improvement over .18.

Yeah that's a problem with mandriva's package.

I think the logic is/was something like this:
1. If someone has a copy of X that is recent enough to include viaXvMC then
they will also have the wrapper (XvMCW) installed since it went into X at the
same time.
2. If someone has just the viaXvMC lib, then they have installed it themselves
and so will have a vldXvMC.
3. If that isn't there then look for NVIDIAXvMC since that's the next most
likely lib to exist.

A funkier configure is probably needed.

--
Ivor Hewitt.