[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8367 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 23 22:20:57 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 22:06 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 23 December 2005 20:59, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > > Change 8365, which started doing this, is wrong - the chain object needs
> > > to be instantiated/owned outside of the TV object, since the chain object
> > > can stick around longer than a specific TV object (changing cards, live
> > > -> scheduled recording -> live, etc).
> Just pass two in to the TV class, only use the second if pip is enabled?
> Seems like it'd be the easiest way to me.

This would fix the freeing problem, but you would need to track which
one was active (so you use the right one when you restart TV), and
special case the PiP, since you don't really want to restart TV to
switch recorders for the PiP. This may turn out to be the simplest way,
but it might be simpler to just switch recorders without exiting TV
at all; just start the new recorder and swap it in for the main
recorder, just like we now swap in the PiP recorder.

I need to look at this fully awake so I just reverted the SwapPIP()
changes for tonight.

-- Daniel