[mythtv] Broken AV sync after mythtranscode

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Mon Dec 26 14:03:50 EST 2005

On 12/25/05, Adam Egger wrote:
> Geoff, thank you very much for r8381 ;) This one fixed almost all my
> A/V issues. All my transcoded files lose 40% of data and are perfectly
> synchronous :D Great!
I just checked in a rework of how PTS discrepencies are handled.  This
should fix Tino's stream, but I may well have broken other cases.  The
code adds quite a bit of complexity, unfortunately, so it is hard for
me to be sure I covered everything.

> The only small issue I still have are some green frames on every cut
> point. Is it a known issue? Here's a small (1MB) transcoded file with
> a cut point at the beginning:
> http://130.83.206.1/~egger/temp/temp.mpg
I'm not actually able to reproduce this so far.  I did check in a fix
for frame corruption after a cutpoint in 8386, but I don't think it is
the same problem you are seeing.  How far in is the 1st cutpoint?
Could you send me enough of the stream to duplicate the issue, along
with the cutlist?

If that is too much data, at least the log with '-v all' (I need
everything from the beginning to about 100 lines after the first line
with 'VID' in it)

Make sure to update to latest first, as enough has changed that logs
from an older version would be next to useless
Thanks,
.Geoff