[mythtv] MythWeb problem?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Wed Dec 28 08:17:43 EST 2005

*bangs head on desk*

Yeah you're right.  Sorry for not reading that small section!

My main problem (along with the non-existent htdigest file) was that the
mod_auth_digest wasn't loaded, and I had lots of problems trying to load
it.  Googling for it anywhere says use "digest_auth_module" to call the
mod_auth_digest module.  The Apache docs confirms this here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_auth_digest.html

But the sticker is that I'm not using version 1.3 but rather version 2.0
of Apache, so I thought "Hmm, lets check out the 2.0 docs" (pretty
obvious you would have thought...) and found:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_digest.html

and it says it's called with "auth_digest_module".  2 words's placements
has been changed over.  Which is why all of the advice on Google I read
didn't work - it was for Apache 1.3.  Wasn't clear!

Argh!  Least it all works beautifully now!

Thanks very much for your help :)  Much appreciated!

Cheers - Piers