[mythtv] MythMusic After CVS 2005.01.25 Uses Excessive X Resources

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Tue Feb 1 11:50:14 EST 2005

Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> Mind you I missed the part where you said it was X resource usage which
> was high...  Not sure then really...
>
> Good luck

Thanks.

I noticed something.

At the same time that MythMusic started using X excessively, the display
stopped showing the bitrate. Looking at mythmusic/playbackbox.cpp, I
noticed that the bitrate is not displayed if it exceeds 2000kbps (a hack
for CDs). Removing this conditional and recompiling, I saw that the
bitrate is now 44100kbps rather than the pre-decoded bit rate (~192kbps).

Is is possible that the update rate of the display is linked to the
bitrate? If so, then a higher bit rate would result in more updates and
higher X usage.

Anyway, I will keep looking into it.