[mythtv] DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000

Todd Freeman freeman at andrews.edu
Tue Feb 1 17:02:33 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:25:37AM -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Kirk Lapray wrote:
> 	Whether or not the analog capture works is somewhat less important
> IMO.  Since it's more or less a vanilla cx88, can the analog part work
> with that driver right now? (not at the same time, of course)
> -Cory

Yes it does work at this time with the pchdtv driver... I don't see how it
could ever work with the DVB driver (differing philosophies of data handling).

This is a VERY important feature for me for a couple reasons:
	#1 The card has it... it should be supported

	#2 Those of us in the fringe need the NTSC channels to cover for
	the various LPs and such that do not have a ATSC broadcast.

	#3 When on the fringe being able to fallback to the NTSC when the ATSC
	is not an option (due to rain.. etc.. messing with signal) although
	not supported yet would be a GREAT feature and I can see it happening
	fairly quickly after Daniel's patches go in. Recording snowy something
	is better than recording nothing. On my HD2000 card I rarely hit more
	than 68% signal on the best stations which as you can guess is
	marginal in bad weather.

	#4 Although WinTV cards and such are cheap... they take another PCI
	slot which most media PCs seem to be short on :} Hence both on one card
	is VERY nice when you want to do video capture from a video
	surveillance system that feeds onto your antenna line and such.

	#5 profit ?!?   (err... ooops... how'd that get in there)

> * Cory Papenfuss							*
> * Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate student               *
> * Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*

Todd Freeman  Ext 6103                   .^.    Don't fear the penguins!
Programming Department                   /V\
Andrews University                      // \\    http://www.linux.org/
http://www.andrews.edu/~freeman/       /(   )\   http://www.debian.org/
                                        ^^ ^^