[mythtv] Lirc, sony settop boxes and xine problems

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:30:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:20:20 -0500, Brian Weatherill
<bweatherill at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have a Sony DHG-M55CB digital cable set top box and I'm having trouble
> locating anyone with a working config.. Either through a blaster, or
> through the ir jack..
>
> Does anyone have the specs on the IR jack (I'm assuming its just raw pulse
> data as its compatible with Tivo inputs) or a lircd.conf that'll work with
> this unit..
>
> On another note, my Hauppauge remote is working wonderfully with MythTv
> and mplayer, but stubbornly refuses to accept lirc connections from xine..
> Has anyone discovered Xine failures with the following config?
>
> Xine registers successfully then immediately deregisters with no errors..
> Whats up with that...

The only thing I saw with my xine on mandrake is that it was trying to
use /tmp/.lircd by default?  Not sure why, didn't really care all that
much, so I have a script that I use to run xine which does this before
starting xine:

ln -nfs /dev/lircd /tmp/.lircd

Thought I'd mention it, in case it was the same thing you see.