[mythtv] Re: [patch] enable vbi recording/embedding for ivtv

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Feb 2 22:02:58 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 04:40 pm, Martin Barnasconi wrote:
> > patch below is a minor modification with major impact: it now truly
> > enables vbi recording/embedding  for ivtv.
>
> patch below?
> here it is!

I don't see the point of this.   The code as it is right now is:

        memset(&vbifmt, 0, sizeof(struct ivtv_sliced_vbi_format));
        vbifmt.service_set = (1==vbimode) ? VBI_TYPE_TELETEXT : VBI_TYPE_CC;
        if (ioctl(chanfd, IVTV_IOC_S_VBI_MODE, &vbifmt) < 0) {
            VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, QString("Can't enable VBI recording"));
            perror("vbi");
        }
        ioctl(chanfd, IVTV_IOC_G_VBI_MODE, &vbifmt);

It's doing a set first, then doing a get to get the actual values it was set
to.  You're just replacing that get with a second set.

Isaac