[Semi-OT]: TWC Firewire [Was: Re: [mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input]

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu Feb 3 01:40:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Tom E. Craddock, Jr. wrote:
> If they dont have any 1394 capable boxes, they are in voilation of FCC
> mandates, theyve had to have them since July 04, so you need to report
> them and they will get fined. Its the SA3250 HD Box from TWC in Tampa,
> FL. that has the 1394 connections.

Yeah, after getting bounced around between a bunch of techs, they are
going to bring out a 3250HD with firewire on Friday. We'll see.  :)

They say they have two versions of the 3250HD - one with firewire and one
without, so you have to specify firewire, and (at least here in MSP) they
will only give you it if they come install it - you can't pick it up.