[mythtv] request: OSX mythfrontend and winmyth for CVS backend

Joseph Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 00:10:20 EST 2005

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 9:07, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>>>For now, you can comment out the line "#define ACCEL_DETECT" in
>>>libmythmpeg2's config.h, then you won't need that custom flag. I
>
> hope
>
>>>to do some configure work soon and make this easier, but I can't
>>>promise anything definite.
>>
>>Thanks, I'll try that.
>

> Nope, doesn't seem to work.  I get:
>
> cc -c -pipe -w -O2 -fPIC -fno-common  -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_ACCESSIBILITY_SUPPORT
> -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/local/lib/qt-mac-free-3.3.2/mkspecs/default
> -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/sw/include
> -I/usr/local/lib/qt-mac-free-3.3.2/include -o cpu_state.o cpu_state.c
> {standard input}:19:stvx vector instruction is optional for the PowerPC
> (not allowed without -force_cpusubtype_ALL option)
>
> repeated for many lines in that file.  All the other files compile OK.
>
> I tracked down the problem to the following macros defined in
> cpu_state.c:
>
> STVX0
> STVX
> LVX0
> LVX
>
> used in the static functions state_save_altivec() and
> state_restore_altivec().  If I #ifdef out the bodies of those functions
> (leaving the macros defined), the library compiles fine.  I'm just not
> exactly sure what the correct way to proceed is... if there is no
> altivec, is it OK to just noop those functions, and if so, what is the
> appropriate macro to check?
>
> I imagine this will solve my remaining undefined symbols problems;
> hopefully I'll be able to try running mythfrontend soon and see how a
> G3 performs playing MPEG-4 Myth content.

Well, that *seemed* to do the trick... everything compiled & linked, and
I can run mythfrontend now.  Performance reports to follow...

Oh, one note/question... I can run the app using the 'open' command from
a terminal window, but if I try to run it by double-clicking the icon, I
get an error in the console window saying that it can't find libqt-mt.
I have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set in my .bashrc/.bash_profile which is why it
doesn't have a problem running from the terminal.  Any thoughts on how I
can get it to properly find the Qt library when launched from the Finder?

-JAC