[mythtv] On Themes & Theming

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu Feb 3 10:09:25 UTC 2005

Brad Templeton wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 04:44:11PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
>

>>On Wednesday 02 February 2005 01:48 pm, Jason Gabriele wrote:
>>

>>>Use the wiki. The documentation is hard to update and no one ever feels
>>>like writing stuff for it. That's why the wiki was created.
>>>

>>Thank you for reinforcing exactly why I don't like the wiki.
>>

>Wikis have their plusses and minuses.  But for example, something a wiki
>would be really good at would be the building of the release notes for
>0.17, because you get a collaborative place where everybody can edit
>in their own notes about changes they made or are documenting, and
>then somebody can clean up and prioritize to produce something nice
>for the docs.  A lot easier than having somebody have to hand coordinate
>all that.   You can scan the cvs commit logs but they don't really have
>good descriptions of the changes for users, nor are they sorted into
>the categories users would like to see -- major new features, minor new
>features, major fixes, minor fixes -- and such.

The release notes *are* on the wiki. Though I think only a couple people
have ever updated them aside from myself.  When I was indisposed for a
month or so nobody touched them.

The issue Isaac has, as well as myself to some extent, is that wiki
documentation is not being fed back to the core project documentation
thus creating two sources for docs instead of one.