[mythtv] Patch: Dropdown for audio output device selection

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Feb 3 20:34:08 UTC 2005

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> Patchette to add the other audio options to the device dropdown.
> Should make it easier for people to work out how to enable Alsa
> support and the like.
>
> I wonder though whether the stuff in the .pro file shouldn't simply
> get moved up to the top level setting.pro?

I don't know if this is standard across distributions, but I'd sure be
nice if we could query the /proc/asound files to get the list of
available ALSA ports or use an appropriate ALSA function call to iterate
the ports.  If we're going to offer the drop down options, why not show
what's available instead of a hard coded value?

Kevin