[mythtv] Patch: Dropdown for audio output device selection

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Thu Feb 3 22:06:41 UTC 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> Patchette to add the other audio options to the device dropdown.
> Should make it easier for people to work out how to enable Alsa
> support and the like.

Since Core Audio and Direct Sound currently ignore this parameter, the
dropdown really shouldn't be shown at all in these cases. If you set up
something more complicated for runtime, like scanning /proc/asound,
I'll contribute code to list and use any of the connected devices on OS
X.

For the mixer settings in the Core Audio case, there's no master vs.
PCM division, so the "PCM Mixer Volume" and the independent muting
checkbox are the only relevant settings from that section.

> I wonder though whether the stuff in the .pro file shouldn't simply
> get moved up to the top level setting.pro?

Isaac mentioned that he'd accept patches to move settings.pro flags to
configure, and I was planning to try that (starting with the audio
settings, coincidentally) as soon as I got the chance. Over this
weekend, I hope to build a patch for the defines to be in config.h,
instead of any .pro file.

- Jer