[mythtv] frontend hangs on livetv error

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Thu Feb 3 22:14:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Jonathan Sass wrote:

]I too am having similar issues with signal strength changing for pcHDTV.  Would
]it be possible to modify the code so the front end shows something like a test
]pattern if the channel signal is too low?  Can someone point me to the source
]where it  might be appropriate to make changes like that?

We are working on this, but it won't be ready for 0.17.

I wrote a signal monitoring class that mirrors the DVB signal monitoring
class, but querying the signal during a recording causes lost packets. I
don't yet know whether this is a driver or a MythTV buffering problem.
There is also the issue of integrating this into the dvb/hdtv recorders
and TVRec. The frontend also needs to query this information and do
something smart with it. I've been spending my spare cycles on fixing
regressions and easy to fix bugs in anticipation of the release.

But I'll see if I can get what I have to work with the current
CVS tonight and send it to the list for you to look at.

-- Daniel