[mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input

Tom Harding tomh at thinlink.com
Fri Feb 4 06:12:04 UTC 2005

Jim Westfall wrote:

> Attached is a patch that enables firewire mpeg2ts as a valid input in
> linux (x86/ppc).  Its been tested on set top models DCT-6200 and SA
> 3250 thus far.  I would appreciate additional testers and any feed back.

Works on my DCT-6412 (Comcast HD DVR box).  Hardest thing was getting
libiecXXXXX to compile.  The LIBRAW1394 macros were not defined so I had
to wing it.  I don't have a capture card, so the first time I ever ran
MythTV was with your Firewire support today.  Thanks!

A useful feature would be the ability to generate output in the original
.ts format as well as (or instead of) .nuv (for reasons I won't bore you
with).

    -Tom, East Palo Alto, CA