[mythtv] [patch] enable vbi recording/embedding for ivtv

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 5 02:24:16 UTC 2005

>>>>> Martin Barnasconi writes:

m> On Thursday 03 February 2005 02:56, Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. wrote:

>> Does anyone have embedded Closed Captioning (NTSC) working on
>> their ivtv card?  I have some mythtv patches to decode CC embedded in
>> mpeg2 from DVD VOB files and it's probably not much more work to add
>> support for ivtv.  Unfortunately, I am unable to get CC embedding to
>> work on my m179 card.

m> my latest ivtv_patch.diff is perhaps of help, as the vbi embedding was not
m> switched on properly. no idea if this works for NTSC-CC. Alternative is to
m> use ivtvctl and add the proper switches to enable CC. After that, just
m> cat /dev/video > test.mpg

        No, what I meant was that the ivtv drivers don't support VBI
with the m179 card (it uses the SAA7114 decoder instead of the 7115).
I think I was able to make enough changes to the drivers to get raw
/dev/vbi working but not the sliced mode needed for embedding in the
mpeg stream.

        That's why I asked for someone else (with a PVR-250) to
provide a sample mpeg file (using the correct ivtvctl options or
using your patch).
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.