[mythtv] Hidden channels appear in browse mode

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Feb 5 22:40:32 UTC 2005

> This is by design, and the way it should be. I have a lot of channels
> with out EPG guide information but with useful content.
>
> There might possibly be some use in adding an unbrowseable flag.
>
> bd

If they don't have guide info, what good is showing them in browse
mode?  If you want to watch the channel because you know it has
useful content then change the channel.

I added the browse mode in Myth, but it doesn't matter to me either
way if it honors the visible flag or not, but if you don't want
something in the EPG, then why show it in browse mode?  If it doesn't
have useful data in the EPG then showing it in browse mode isn't any
good.  If someone disables a channel in the EPG because they don't
want their kids to see it, then they probably don't want their
kids browsing to or past it either.

--

Chris