[mythtv] [patch] Updating DVB SI

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 6 04:48:20 UTC 2005

Quoting Tim Davies <tim at opensystems.net.au>:

> Just a small patch to update the DVB SI.  If the channel number or name
> changes, the database is updated...

This functionality was just made optional from mythfilldatabase, so I don't want
to add it in right now.  As it stands it will always re-number stations.  For
ATSC users this might extra irritating if they don't like the default numbering
scheme I used.  SIScan() still needs a good deal of work over the next few
months to be where I want it to be, we can add this functionality but it will
need to be optional.  As to if its on by default I dunno where I stand on
this.. I also don't know what level this would need to be at either.  If you
have more than 1 provider you might want one to re-number and another not to..

To make a long story short its a good idea, but I think it needs to be optional.
 Where to set the option I am not sure.  globally might not be correct.

Taylor