[mythtv] Recent BUG: deleting from Watch Recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Feb 6 05:42:47 UTC 2005

> I already sent a patch for Isaac to take a look earlier today, didn't want
> to commit it this close to release. The patch prepends "**" to the title of
> deleted recordings, should provide at least enough feedback for the .17
> release. It lets the backend's delete thread update the title in the db,
> before it starts deleting the file, that way playbackbox updates and shows
> the "**title", untill the backend is finished deleting it. It's fairly

Talked this over with Isaac on IRC a little to confirm my thoughts.
I think the 'inactive' font route mentioned on the -dev list earlier is
probably a better way to go.  It's an easy change to make the font change
color when an item is pending deletion.  I added a 'pendingDelete' bool
flag to ProgramInfo.  PlaybackBox::doRemove() sets this flag and calls
update(fullRect).  PlaybackBox::updateShowTitles then sets the font to
"inactive" for any items with pendingDelete set to true.  This also has
the benefit of highlighting the shows pending deletion if you use the
new taglist feature to tag a bunch of shows and delete them.  They will
all immediately go to "inactive"
also have the effect of

I'm also moving ScheduledRecording::signalChange(0) out of playbackbox
completely since it makes more sense for the backend doDeleteThread to
signal the scheduler since the delete thread knows when the file and
its corresponding DB data have been deleted.  I think this is easier
than setting up a timer on the frontend.

It also looks like we've been loading the recordings list twice on the
frontend after a delete.  The first is in the fillList() in doRemove()
and then another time when the RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE event is received
from the backend saying the file was deleted.  So, I removed the
"connected = fillList()" in doRemove().

Everything appears to be working correctly, I should have this in CVS
in a few minutes after sending this email.

--

Chris