[mythtv] Latest CVS XvMC - Nvidia Nforce2 IGP Live TV hangs

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Sun Feb 6 19:59:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Jeremy Garff wrote:
]I'd be happy to test out any changes since it happens every time for me.
]Sadly I don't know more about video compression or motion compensation, or
]I'd try to help fix it myself.
]I hope that this problem is an isolated issue, though I still don't
]understand why nobody else is seeing it if its a general problem with the
]Nvidia drivers.

Most of us don't use XvMC with the nvidia drivers anymore, which is
why we don't see it. I tried to fix this when I first got involved
with coding for MythTV, but I didn't know enough about the MythTV
architecture to make much headway. I could probably get it working
now, but it's not high on my priority list...

-- Daniel