[mythtv] problems with scheduling recordings with mythweb

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Feb 7 14:16:41 UTC 2005

Tj wrote:
> Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I am using latest CVS.
>
> When I schedule any recordings with MythWeb, the program in question
> will only be highlighted in dotted lines. The lines will only turn solid
> when I run mythfilldatabase or restart mythbackend..  I tried both IE
> 6.0 and Firefox 1.0 from a remote WinXP machine.
>
> Is this a bug or a new behaviour change? This is a major problem because
> the program will not be recorded when the lines are dotted.
>
> Seems that mythweb only set the "recording schedules" but not the
> "secheduled recordings".. Or mythbackend is no longer running the
> scheduling thread?
>
> Also, sometimes, some of my recordings have a size of 0 bytes. All this
> seems to be related somehow as both happen in the last 36 hours.

I have a similar problem. I scheduled a few new shows and specified
'This Channel Only 241'. When I look at the scheduled recordings it
shows the new show on Channel 6 (same callsign as 241 but not HD). When
I re-run mythfilldatabase it updates and shows on the correct channel
241. I had a similar thing happen when it showed both shows, the Active
one on 6 and the one on 241 as Deactivated. I clicked on 'Activate' on
the 241 show, but then the screen refreshed it still showed the one on 6
as being Active and the one on 241 as Deactivated. I had to re-run
mythfilldatabase to get it to show correctly. I did not try restarting
mythbackend yet.

- James