[mythtv] Long list of suggestions

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:22:05 UTC 2005

At 9:26 AM -0900 2/5/05, Dan Morphis wrote:
>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:21:12 -0500, Dan Wilga <dwilga at mtholyoke.edu> wrote:
>>  1. I'm using Zap2It, which has an annoying habit of adding new channels to
>>  my DishTV lineup on what seems like an almost daily basis. It has no way of
>>  knowing what I actually subscribe to, so I end up with lots of channels in
>>  my EPG that I either can't watch, or don't care about if I can (I don't
>>  speak Polish or Armenian, thank you!)
>
>Why don't you go into your zap2it profile and uncheck the box next to
>those channels?

The problem is that new channels get added (or sometimes re-added, as
Endaf Jones mentions) every few days, so I have to keep going back to
Zap2It to update the list. By that time, mythfill has already grabbed
the listings, so I'm stuck with needless channels for 12 days (or I
have to go back into Myth's setup to hide them.)

Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"