[mythtv] Using short skips during live TV

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:48:40 UTC 2005

Here's another variation of the problem that's been happening to me
from time to time, but I only just took note of the exact sequence
this morning:

1. I started watching live TV and after about 2 minutes paused it to
leave the room.

2. When I came back after about 5 minutes, I un-paused it and watched
for another 2 minutes.

3. At this point, a commercial came on, so I pressed Skip Forward.
Myth actually went *backward* about 2-3 minutes, showing me stuff I
had already watched.

4. I used Skip Fwd to go forward a bunch of times, which worked as I
would expect (based on the weird position it was now in). However,
when I advanced to what Myth thought was the end of the buffer (4
seconds behind), it was actually 2-3 *minutes* behind Live TV. I was
able to continue watching just fine, however Myth continued with this
skewed idea of what "live" was, always behind reality.

The only way I was able to clear it up was by quitting back to the
menu and hitting Watch TV again.

Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"