[mythtv] New ieee1394 code and DCT-6200

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Mon Feb 7 19:41:45 UTC 2005

I can't tell you all how amazed I was to find the new ieee1394 capture
device code in the current CVS tree.  The timing is remarkable as I just =
got the Motorola DCT-6200 from Comcast about 2 weeks ago and have been =
pulling my hair out over how to get the HDTV from it into Myth.  Luckily,
you = guys are usually one step ahead of me.

I am, however, having some issues.  It seems that I can only get an =
mpeg2ts stream out of the box every 3rd to 5th attempt to read from the box.
It acts as if something isn't being reset correctly or initialized =
correctly every time.  I also noticed this problem when testing with the =
test-mpeg2 utility from libiec61883.  Anybody have any suggestions as to
whether = this might be a library problem or maybe something that just
hasn't worked = its way into the code yet?

-Todd