[mythtv] Question about program table

Oscar Carlsson webmaster at trekotor.se
Mon Feb 7 20:06:24 UTC 2005

>>>number of episodes or null if it's unknown?
>>>Or does it start counting from zero?
>>
>>These may be provided in the listings and are only informational
>>as far as myth is concerned. They are for humans to read so they
>>start from 1. It is non-sensical to use these unless there are more
>>than one parts.
>>

> I understand that there is no point in using this unless there is more than
> one part, but can i leave parttotal undefined if i only know the current
> episode/part number and not the total?

First of all, is there any specific reason for using the DVB provided
data instead of tv.swedb.se's data?

Anyway, I'm using season/episode info for the programid (check
filldata.cpp) and also fill syndicatedepisodenumber with "E" + episode +
"S" + season (again, check filldata).
partnumber/parttotal is for multipart shows, and the Swedish data
doesn't contain that info most of the time. if they do, they indicate it
as another episode instead.

/O