[mythtv] [patch] linuxppc

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Tue Feb 8 00:10:51 UTC 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

> 	I am doing a test build now, but that looks good.

I've been running those options for a while, so I think it's OK, but
maybe we should wait post-0.17 to commit.

> (note that libav* has its own world, so maybe all these
>  should be in your new configure-derived universe?)

I think that would be best -- we can do better CPU detection there, and
also allow custom optimization CFLAGS to be passed on the command line.
Right now the configure script doesn't even do a compile-time check for
Altivec, so there's a lot of room for new CPU-tuning logic.

- Jer