[mythtv] TWC / Brighthouse SA3250 and firewire support

Bill Bradley williambradley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 20:18:51 UTC 2005

Hey All,

I have been wanting to use the firewire port on the SA3250 to capture
video/ change channels for a while now, so I am stoked to see support
for this in cvs and the upcoming .17 version.  I have a couple of
questions b4 I take the plunge and swap out my cable box (my 3250
doesn't have the firewire).

1.  What kind of system resources (cpu/ram) does this use in
comparison to the PVR250?
2.  Has anyone been able to change channels on the 3250 via firewire.?
I see the code for the dct6200 in contrib, but nothing for the 3250.
The 3250 will not work with my IR blaster.
3.  I also saw mention that the video output (except analog/HD) is
encrypted. Is this true?
4.  Not soo important (and maybe stupid), but will this enable me to
record/view HD content through myth?  I don't have a hdtv set. I have
a standard 27" tv and do a lot of my viewing on the backend with a lcd
monitor.

Thanks for any info guys and keep up the awesome work.

Thanks,
Bill