[mythtv] Mythfrontend Crashes

Harvard Pan harvardpan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:03:58 UTC 2005

I had the exact problem described here. I had mysql 4.1.9 installed,
and both mythfrontend and mythbackend would crash quite frequently.
Mythfrontend crashed when viewing LiveTV, then going to watch a
recorded show. Mythbackend crashed at the end of every recording. I
ended up downgrading to 4.0.23 and rebuilding my QT and mythtv and now
it's working correctly. Simply downgrading to 4.0.23 didn't do the
trick, I had to also rebuild QT with the older mysql installed.

Currently, I have QT 3.3.4 compiled from source, mysql 4.0.23 compiled
from source, and the latest version of MythTV from CVS.

thanks!
--Harvard