[mythtv] 0.17 modules broke?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 13 06:08:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:59:29AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 12:58 am, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 07:44:19PM -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > > And note that you have to build *and install* the base MythTV code before
> > > *building* the modules, since somewhere in the post .16 release train.
> >
> > How did modules #include <mythtv/blah> before? Depend on relative locations
> > of the source trees?
>
> Nope. Nothing's changed about how they find the mythtv includes - the
> modules have always required the mythtv one to be installed first.

I believe I misunderstood you, then.  Or perhaps my problem was that I
was failing to whack the libraries in my early CVS days.  But I was
definitively compiling everything, *then* installing everything, in my
early days of building CVS (10/04, I think), and it worked for a while,
then quit.

Hopefully, we had the conversation here, instead of IRC, so I can find
out how I misunderstood you from an archive.

Meantime; apologies for the mislead.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me