[mythtv] Re: Re: Typo in ivtvdecoder.cpp

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 19:20:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:49:25AM -0500, Jeremiah Morris wrote:
> Once code is in CVS, there are no "only for me" cases; it's open for
> (mis)interpretation by everyone.

I disagree.  The code was only left there to save me from typing it
again should I, or someone else, want to do further development.  It's
no different than any other ifdef'd out debug code.  If it was even
remotely intended for a user to ever see it, it wouldn't have been
commented out.

> Maybe we need another construct for
> this sort of message, I'm not saying it has to be a VERBOSE message,
> but cout/cerr are abused elsewhere and unless we follow our own rules,

I won't mind if you want another construct, but I really can't see a
problem with using cout/cerr for code that isn't intended for
production use.

David
--
David Engel