[mythtv] Re: Typo in ivtvdecoder.cpp

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Mon Feb 14 20:12:04 UTC 2005

On Feb 14, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Bruce Markey wrote:

> Of course the other possibility is that these saved debugging tools
> should use the VERBOSE macro even though they are commented out.
> Also, if someone did want to convert commented out cerrs to VERBOSE,
> it would be polite to leave the new VERBOSE commented out too.

To sum up, this possibility is what occurred; I was the someone who did
the conversion (leaving them commented out of course), and David
pointed out how the format of VERBOSE can make debugging more awkward.
I reverted my changes, leaving only the printed messages as VERBOSE,
and will investigate the possibility of a new macro better suited for
this type of debugging output.

- Jer