[mythtv] Streaming Prebuffering Pause

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:22:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:21:46 -0700, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Enable XvMC
> > go playback any recorded video
> > pause,
> > unpause
> > watch log fill with "prebuffering" messages

Sorry for not piping up on the list about this particular mythtv XvMC
issue, but I hadn't had a chance to pinpoint the change that caused
the Pause freeze and kept meaning to go back and debug it.  I've been
using the 'Position Saved' feature to get around the problem.

It happened between end of November -> Dec 7th.

>From my memory, back in December I had been running a November 12th
cvs dir.  This dir did not have the XvMC Pause freeze issue.  I then
upgraded to 12/3 CVS into a directory called cvs.12.03.04 which ended
up also having some cvs changes after that date going up till Dec 8th.

I initially saw the error in this 12/3 dir.   After a bit of time, I
changed to the 12/18 CVS and left the 12/3 dir alone for debugging.
Never got back to it though.

Hope that helps.

Alan