[mythtv] Re: Wanting to add a jump function

Ross Taylor exilesanhusky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 00:48:21 UTC 2005

Good evening. I'm trying ot build a "jump" feature for mythmusic which
will work like the jump function in xmms/winamp. I'm planning on doing
this with a friend of mine who is somewhat proficient with C++ and I'm
quickly learning QT. The final goal will be to hit the "J" key and have a line
edit popup in which you enter a search phrase and then hit enter and
it jumps to the closest match in the active playlist or music tree. I
just have some quick questions to help guide me.

1. Which header file describes how myth is drawing windows? I need to
draw a popup and a line edit, It looks like myth might already have
it's own functions for this?

2. Is there a good example in the source code on how to pull the
needed info from the music metadata or playlist?

3. How would you go about getting the playlist to "jump" to the needed
location or would myth have someway of magically "just working"?

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. You can email me if you want to
help as well :) Thank you. Sorry if this is a re-post, I'm just
getting a hang of this mailing list thing :)