[mythtv] innodb vs myism preformance

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Feb 18 08:27:23 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 19:06, Daniel Manjarres wrote:
> >       b) if you can afford the downtime or loss of shows, try
> >       different filesystem types.  I find xfs to be quite stable
> >       these days under 2.4.29 and I'm sure 2.6.10 is pretty good
> >       too.
>
> Never going to happen. I am not losing my archives of The Daily Show.
> Like I said I tried to relieve disk I/O pressure by repeatedly
> truncating the file and sleeping for awhile instead of unlinking it, and
> it made things WORSE, not better.

I'm still using myisam tables, it was only last weekend I even bothered
bumping to mysql 4.x, but my deletes are pretty much instantaneous. I use xfs
on my recordings partition, mysql db files on a separate drive. The only area
I saw any db lag was when first loading up recorded shows or when access
guide data (either in myth or via mythweb). Tweaking some variables in my.cnf
has alleviated the only bottlenecks for me.

For giggles, I may try switching to innodb, it does make a pretty big
difference with a number of other db apps I'm using...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...