[mythtv] CVS and dvb audio problems

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Fri Feb 18 17:17:13 UTC 2005

Staffan Pettersson skrev:

>1, If i tune to a channel with ac3 audio and then change to a mpeg audio
>channel, mythfrontend does'nt seem to reinit audio and no sound is produced.

No idea, but you're going to have to post a better log than that
("mythfrontend -v all" perhaps?). It's good to trim it down but in that
excerpt there was nothing useful left...

>2. If a use ALSA:spdif, i never gets sound on two channels that have very low
>bitrate (Discovery channel and Animal planet)

I don't think it has to do with bitrate, but it looks like mono audio.
Perhaps Myth should "expand" mono tracks to stereo internally, but as a
workaround try using the "plug" module and "route_policy duplicate" in
your asoundrc.