[mythtv] Backtrace: possible bug in dvbsignal monitor

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 20 00:15:55 UTC 2005

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> Yep, here we go again.  I don't mean to carpet bomb everyone with the
> same error message again and again, but this one is the same place,
> but this time I was just clicking in to delete an in-progress
> recording.  Once again it seems to be dying on that "emit" line.
> However, doesn't the param explanation suggest that it's a "NULL"
> value being passed?  Can't see how this can happen from the code though?

Actually up till yesterday I'm having alot of segfaults appearing
everywhere. All the backtraces I got ain't particularly helpful. So I
upgraded QT to 3.3.4 and MySQL to a newer version and it certainly
improves things (fingers crossed).

Which version of QT are you using?

Would it cause problems if I mix debug versions of mythtv with release
versions of plugins?? Should I compile everything as debug versions,
(including a debug build of QT) or debugs not required with plugins and QT?

ATM, I am also rechecking out all modules. jic some QT generated file
cannot be deleted by "make distclean" and got compiled in by mistake
causing strange problems (I get that alot when building windows QT apps,
not sure if linux have the same problem), would be using that once its
done and see if I can remove all crashes.