[mythtv] Backtrace: Goom segfaults

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Feb 21 01:04:01 UTC 2005

Carl Alexander wrote:

> Yes, that may fix the crash at that point, but the question is *why*
> is it going wrong?  What is the design or implementation inconsistency
> that is causing this? I haven't groked enough of the code to answer that.
>
> has anyone valgrind'ed the code? Maybe a UMR or a over read is filling
> some of the variables with garbage data.

No, I think the data looks sane.  The values going into that expression
are like 160 or something (look at your backtrace).  The answer just
goes slightly negative instead of capping at zero (I think).

Probably there is some kind of rounding error or something subtle which
is just tripping it over the threshold (at least I think that's what's
going on...)

Ed W