[mythtv] Hidden channels appear in browse mode

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Mon Feb 21 22:51:47 UTC 2005

I tried this patch (after adding an AND to the additional SQL
statement), and it works like a charm. IMHO, it would be great if
this could be added to the CVS.

At 5:13 PM -0500 2/5/05, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>  > I am running the CVS version from Feb 2. I have the "Always use browse mode
>>  when changing channels in LiveTV" option turned on.
>>
>>  If I use the remote's up/down arrows to switch channels, the OSD displays
>>  all channels in the database, even the ones that don't appear in the EPG
>>  because they are marked invisible. Is this intentional?
>
>When the 'visible' flag was added, browse mode wasn't modified to honor
>the setting when browing channels.  Changing browse mode to support the
>visible flag looks like it would be just 1 line of code in tv_rec.cpp in
>TVRec::DoGetNextChannel.  I guess if it's not on the EPG then it probably
>  shouldn't be visible in browse mode.  If you want to test a fix, edit
>libs/libmythtv/tv_rec.cpp and search for TVRec::DoGetNextChannel.  Find
>the following section in that method:
>
>     QString wherepart = QString("cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid AND "
>                                 "capturecard.cardid = \"%1\" AND "
>                                 "capturecard.hostname = \"%2\" AND "
>                                 "cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid ")
>                                 .arg(cardid)
>                                 .arg(gContext->GetHostName());
>
>Add a line below the "capturecard.hostname" line so it looks like this:
>
>     QString wherepart = QString("cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid AND "
>                                 "capturecard.cardid = \"%1\" AND "
>                                 "capturecard.hostname = \"%2\" AND "
>                                 "channel.visible = 1 "

add AND to above

Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"