[mythtv] Hidden channels appear in browse mode

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Feb 22 08:02:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:02:32PM +1100, Ben de Luca wrote:
> For a lot of australia DVB users this would be a really bad addition to
> mythtv,  lots of the channels here dont have guide data yet and its
> useful to just hide them from the tv guide.
>
> Why do you have channels in the system you dont want to watch? Cant you
> not install them?

Well, you get everything in a DVB scan so you can't just not install
them. You can delete them but then they're difficult to get back.

I would like a way to skip certain channels when using the channel
up/down keys. Currently I would skip all of the HD channels for example,
as I don't need them and most of them don't work. Right now the only way
is to delete them, as marking them invisible does not hide them from the
channel sequence.

Also, channel 10 (for example) has defined 5+ channels which are
identical, and there's no way you want to skip through each of them.

Hamish