[mythtv] innodb vs myism preformance

Daniel Manjarres danmanj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:41:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:52:50 -0000, Mark Edwards <irish at irishmark.co.uk> wrote:
> Your output isn't very disimilar than mine, I use one more index, but it's
> on a small table so unlikely to cause the discrepancies.
> I suggest running ANALYSE and OPTIMISE on all tables in your DB. (I run them
> every morning @ 5am)
> Then check you are using query cache etc.
>
> Something is wrong with your DB, but I'm afraid I dunno what, at least we've
> discounted Myth and indexes from your search...

Looking at chris's message I see his query is about 6 times faster
with 6 times fewer recordings. Mysql says it's working though 2.1
million rows to process that query on my machine, you guys didn't
report that figure for your queries, so I am curious about that.

I am not a my myth computer now, but I will probably wind up hacking
up the size of the recorded table to see if the query time is linear
in that variable, or what. I have built and re-built this database
like a dozen times so far, so unless ANALYSE and OPTIMISE perform
miracles I am going to wonder if the particular query can be
restructured, or if it can be just plain avoided, as chris mentioned a
few days ago.

Thanks

Dan Manjarres