[mythtv] DEC2000-t scan hangs - more info

Jim mythdev at penyball.cix.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 22:28:00 UTC 2005

> Hi - this mail refers to an original message posted by Frank Muenchow
> regarding problems with a DEC2000-t DVB-t device.  I have what appears
> to be the same problem, but this time in the UK.  Also, my PC has a
> second tuner - a Hauppage WinTV Nova-T - which is working perfectly,
> so I suspect a problem specific to the DEC2000-t here.

I have the same issue -

The scan code doesn't appear to set up the correct entries in
dtv_multiplex - the set of frequencies (apart from the first two) are
wrong - I don't know why yet. I had to build channel and dtv_multiplex
tables manually from a 0.16 dvb_channels/dvb_pids. Having set these up
verbose logging shows the card gets opened - all the EIT data and the
correct pid values etc are logged but I still got "No data from card in 1
second"

I finally get the Dec 2000 to work by hacking the DVBRecorder::OpenFilters
method.

When _software_filter_option is false this function calls ioctl on the
device with DMX_SET_PES_FILTER for each PID - unfortunately it always
calls the ioctl with a pes_type of DMX_PES_OTHER - which won't set up any
data feeds from the DEC 2000.

The passed ES_type is no longer compatible with the parameter type of
dmx_pes_type so a switch on the passed ES_type is needed to set the
correct type in the parameters

If this is added then everything works ok (recording, live tv etc)

I'm reporting this now because I don't understand the intention behind the
0.17 design and someone else might. I don't want to suggest a patch until
I've got some confidence it won't break anything.