[mythtv] Java Sockets to Myth - waiting for thread

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:30:45 UTC 2005

The error start immediately when I send the MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
command.  I have now set the Socket timeout to 1000ms, which means an
SocketTimeOut error is thrown before I hit the response reading lines
of code.

I have to restart the backend to get out of the loop.

Cheers,
Dave

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:44:10 -0500, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 2/23/2005 8:10 AM, David Whyte wrote:
>
> >... I have been using mythweb as an example of how to communicate to
> >the server, but it doesn't seem to work too well.
> >
> >I am using 0.16 but have been using the code from 0.17 to see how this
> >stuff is intepreted.  I hope the general rules didn't change too much.
> >

> Nope, just a couple of new backend commands IIRC.
>
> >I have attached the Java code incase anyone wanted to take a look, but
> >any other pointers would be great.
> >

> I am also not a java expert.  The one thing I was wondering is do you
> get an error from the backend on the proto version?  Or do you see those
> thread messages immediately on connect?  I think you need to pass a
> protocol version in the command (e.g. MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 14).
>
> HTH,
> David

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.