[mythtv] MythSOAP Expressions Of Interest

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 22:50:49 UTC 2005

Just to clarify, there is NO instention to create a *new* protocol.
The idea is to describe the current protocol so others can interface
with it.

Yes, I will be adding my Java layer to it for the things I wish to do,
but if done right, I think this should open up the possibilities to
being able to interface to anything.  SOAP, CORBA, RMI, yada, yday, by
just implementing the type of interface you wish to use.  Most of this
is probably possible in C++, but having no knowledge of that language
(and no real desire to learn it at this stage), I am happy with my
solution.

My last post was just letting you all know that the page is there, and
if you have any info to add, feel free to add it.

Dave

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:43:31 -0500, Anduin Withers <awithers at anduin.com> wrote:
> > I have started to nut out the MythProtocol.  There is a page on the
> > Wiki at http://mythtv.info .  If you guys want to add anything, go
> > ahead.
>
> The web page seems more directed at creating a Java interface layer than an
> actual new mythtv protocol. (I'm interested in a Java layer as well, but I'd
> like to see it as an interface to a new protocol rather than creating
> another service that sits between).
>
> While I don't think UPnP can get us all the way there it does seem like a
> good place to start (though good portions of it are what I believe mfd is
> targeting). I don't think it solves the whole problem though, it does a good
> chunk of what I believe mfd does but we'd still need another protocol to
> handle most of what is currently done.
>
> --
> Anduin Withers

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.