[mythtv] time offset and datadirect not working

Pierre Chatel admin at chatelp.org
Fri Feb 25 16:23:45 UTC 2005

Hi,

	I'm afraid this mail will be off-topic in this list. But, since i
didn't get any help from the mythtv-user mailing list, i thought that
developers might be better informed that standard users...

	My problem is that i don't get the correct time offset in my program
guide using myth 0.17 on a mandrake 10.1.
I'm using data-direct with a GMT-5 tv lineup since my cable provider in
GMT-3 isn't listed in data-direct. My mandrake/backend box is
configured with a GMT-3 time-zone so mythfilldatabase *should* correct
the gmt times given by data-direct to my GMT-3 time-zone but they
appear with a 5h offset, as if i was in a GMT time-zone !!
I verified with 'hwclock' and 'date', they correctly specify my GMT-3
time-zone so it's not a linux configuration problem. I also tried the
manual xmltv time offset control from mythtv setup but it's not working
either (no effect at all).
The only solution i found was this dangerous sql query:

update IGNORE program set starttime = DATE_ADD(starttime, INTERVAL -3
HOUR)  , endtime = DATE_ADD(endtime, INTERVAL -3 HOUR);

(i used a 3 hour subtraction in order to get the GMT tv programs
correctly displayed to my GMT-3 time-zone)

The program guide is now correct BUT now the program recording option
is not working correctly (strange behaviors, like i don't see upcoming
recordings, date errors,...).

So how should i correct my time shifting without f***ing the database ?

Thanks