[mythtv] [patch] mmx_gcc

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Jan 3 10:07:16 EST 2005

I've made my first attempt to use the mmx.h macros. I added a couple
memory addressing macros to mmx.h because it was generating some bad
code with the existing memory to register and register to memory
macros. I've written this so that by defining USE_GCC_INTRINSICS you
can use the gcc intrinsics, but by default it uses mmx.h. I don't see
any speed difference, but this isn't a terribly speed sensitive piece
of code. My main reason for keeping the gcc intrinsics was my distrust
of the safety of the mmx.h macros, I don't think they will work with
future gcc implementations because they don't reserve the registers
they're using.

-- Daniel