[mythtv] CDROM DMA problems during audio RIP

nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Sat Jan 8 16:15:25 EST 2005

All,

When I try to rip an audio CD, the rip just freezes up. I get the
following errors in messages:

Jan  8 13:32:52 MythBox kernel: hdb: DMA interrupt recovery
Jan  8 13:32:52 MythBox kernel: hdb: lost interrupt
Jan  8 13:32:53 MythBox kernel: cdrom: dropping to single frame dma

Some googling SUGGESTS that there is a bug in the kernel but I can't
really tell for sure. The info comes from forums with no complete follow
ups.  I am using FC2 2.6.8-1.521.

Anyone know anything about this? Am I doomed to having to upgrade to
FC3?

If so, would one of our more experienced Fedora gurus please post a
howto upgrade without reformatting and starting over? It took about 1.5
months for me to "totally" recover from the upgrade to FC2 and as you
can see I still haven't gotten everything working more that 4 months
later.

Please pass any information you may have along.

Thanks in advance!
Eric