[mythtv] BIG DVB PATCH V3.4 - Problem with encrypted channels

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sat Jan 8 16:42:07 EST 2005

> I only have one CI slot. I'm tried with DVB patch 3.5 rbut I get the
> same behavor. Here is the log from this run
> I have added some debug logs that are tagged with ANDERS. It seems
> like the CA is thinks that I have 2 CI slot but I only have 1.
> I'm using the dvb-kernel from. I will try to hardcode 1 in the loop at
> row 266 in dvbcam.cpp to see if that works.

That's obviously a problem but I doubt that is what's making your CAM
fail. The "no right" from the CAM shouldn't be caused by this, but it's
an indication that either your DVB/CI driver or the dvbci.cpp code is a
bit buggy though.

Did you try activating the protocol debugging in dvbci? Maybe you can
make some kind of workaround for it. You could try to detect the "no
right" menu message and trigger a new sending of the PMT? Or you could
try adding an extra delay before sending the PMT in case the CAM and/or
CI needs a little extra "wake up" time.