[mythtv] AudioOutput only supports 8 or 16bit audio errors in latest CVS

Niels den Otter otter at kjoe.net
Tue Jan 11 05:14:30 EST 2005

On Tuesday, 11 January 2005, Niels den Otter wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 January 2005, Nick Rosier wrote:
> > I compiled CVS yesterday and get this error when trying to playback my
> > recordings: AudioOutput only supports 8 or 16bit audio.  When I select
> > "play without audio", the recording plays just fine WITH audio...
> > Any ideas?
>
> Same problem here using PVR-350 for playing video.
>
> This message appears to come from libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp. For
> whatever reason it doesn't appear to be able to retrieve the correct
> "audio_bits", but I cannot see how this is caused.

The reason this problem is visual now is that in the latest patch to
libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp audio_bits is set to -1 in line 126,
where it used to be set to 16. I expect that the code should be able to
retrieve the correct settings from the card, but this appears to fail for
at least the PVR-350 (ivtv-0.2.0-rc3b). Reverting this part of the last
patch and changing line 126 to:

    audio_bits = 16;

makes mythtv stop asking about "Continue WITHOUT AUDIO!" before starting
liveTV.

-- Niels