[mythtv] Need help debugging problem with scrambled TS streams.

Anders Hanson anders.hanson at speedo.nu
Tue Jan 11 15:49:00 EST 2005

Jesper Sörensen wrote:

> Anders Hanson skrev:
>
>> Hi have had problem with encrypted channels for a long time now and
>> I'm about to start debugging mythtv
>> to try to find the cause of problem.
>

> Does it work with VDR? Does it work from the command line if you use
> cam_set & cam_test?

It works much better with VDR. I only got the "no right" menu with VDR
once when I did channel surfing
(changed channel approx 50 times) .

I have just built cam_set & cam_test from libdvb-0.5.5 but I'm getting
the following error when trying to start cam_set.
'ca device: Device or resource busy'

> Did you try enabling the debugging in dvbci.cpp? It's in the top of
> the file:
> // Set these to 'true' for debug output:
> static bool DumpTPDUDataTransfer = false;
> static bool DebugProtocol = false;

Yes, but I can't get that much out of that at the moment.

> The API MythTV uses to do CA stuff can be found in chapter 8, "Command
> Interface" in the EN50221 standard (can be downloaded for free if you
> google it). The lower level parts of the API is implemented in
> dvbci.cpp (originally from libdvb).

Good, will download that and start reading.

> Hope that helps - should get you started anyway. It's hard for me to
> do the debugging for you since you need access to the CAM to do it,
> and I do have other stuff to do as well. However, if you have any
> specific questions I can try and answer them, or maybe someone else on
> this list or linux-dvb can help...

This information will get me started, and I will try to dig into this now :)