[mythtv] AC3 + bigdvb3.5 + australia + transport.c

Mark Anderson markjanderson at mail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:03:51 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 03:00 am, Jesper Sörensen wrote:
> Mark & Tim,
>
> Thanks for all your hard work! I'm going to try and merge this with the
> DVB patch but first a couple of things.

No worries. It's been a journey.

> The patch doesn't apply cleanly here and the way it looks now it's not
> gonna be easy merging this. It touches a lot of files (15 !!!) and does
> a lot of stuff. Would it be at all possible to trim it down a bit and/or
> split it into separate parts?
I can pull out the stuff to get the audio stream switching working from the
+/- inito a separate patch, but the rest of it is needed to get AC3 working.
There were 3 or 4 problems preventing AC3 from working and hence 3 or 4
fixes, and then if you include Time TS recording stuff that's even more.

> If the changes could be kept to the DVB
> specific files that would be really great. Any "nice to have"  but not
> essential features maybe can be saved for a followup patch later?
I'll look it over on the weekend.

> If I'm
> not misinformed I think Taylor is planning on submitting the DVB patch
> to Isaac real soon now (tm) so the less changes the better.
>
> You said it didn't require the mpeg.c hack any longer, and yet the patch
> touches that file? Did I miss something? :-)

There is still a change needed to mpeg.c to fix the audio re-initialisation
problems. When a new track is added mpeg.c is supposed to notify
avformatdecoder.cpp through a callback function. This function was not
getting called in all the rught places. I added one extra call to this
callback into mpeg.c

> Also, could you please create the patch against current MythTV CVS,
> Taylor's patch 3.5 and Marcus' latest transform patch ("trans.diff",
> posted on mythtv-dev yesterday)?

Yep I can do that over the weekend.

BTW: is there a preferred standard for tabs in the source? hard tabs, 4
spaces?

Cheers
Mark Anderson